Our Mission & Vision
Food Shift is reducing the harmful impacts of wasted food and improving community health through the recovery, redistribution, and processing of surplus food. Food Shift Catering, a social enterprise kitchen, provides training and jobs to individuals with barriers to employment.
By reducing food waste, we can feed the hungry, create jobs, combat climate change, and cultivate more sustainable communities.
Learn more about Food Shift’s work in this video:
- Dana Gunders, Advisor and Expert on Food Waste Reduction, Next Course LLC
- Robert Egger, Founder & President, L.A. Kitchen; CEO, Strong Food
- Tristram Stuart, Author & Environmental Campaigner
- Alexis Frasz, Cultural Anthropologist & Strategy Consultant, Helicon
- Grace Yuan, Food Shift Advisor
- Brahm Ahmadi, Founder & CEO, Community Foods Market
- Thomas Adams, PhD, President & CEO, Better Futures Minnesota
- Mark Matos, Founder and Executive Director, Lift As You Fly