Reports to: Food Shift Director
Salary: $15 hourly wage, DOE
The Administrative and Operations Coordinator is responsible for the internal operations and administrative functioning of the organization. She/he will report to the Director, and work closely with staff, consultants, and advisors. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing start-up organization and the Administrative and Operations Manager will be instrumental in supporting the organization’s impact and strategic expansion.
About Food Shift: Food Shift works collaboratively with communities, businesses and governments to develop long-term sustainable solutions to reduce food waste and build more resilient communities. Food Shift is a project of Earth Island Institute (EII) and this position is an employee of EII.
Operations & Office Management:
- Manage telephone, email and written inquiries to Food Shift from supporters, donors, the public, and distribute to appropriate Food Shift staff and volunteers.
- Manage and streamline organization’s and Director’s internal schedule, documents, and records with Google Drive & Google Calendar.
- Maintain and organize hard and electronic foundation, corporate and individual donor files in
- Google Drive/Docs.; generate donor lists for Director and staff using Salesforce.
- Maintain and organize office; interface with vendors, ensure office rent/bills paid on time, help with office set-up, etc.
- Provide administrative assistance as needed on a variety of projects, including but not limited to research, data gathering, filing, printing and scanning.
- Draft and send invoices, reimbursements, and external letters.
- Update and maintain financial and administrative procedures.
- Track all contacts, communications, and records in Salesforce.
- Update newsletter database and report to team on metrics.
- Support with logistics, operations, and processing data from Alameda Kitchen.
- Compile data from a variety of sources, track key performance indicators on social media and websites, and maintain records.
- Prepare project reports and summaries.
- Support documentation efforts & organizing systems.
- Support with staff and volunteer recruitment.
- Support with volunteer tracking and coordination.
- Provide back up and support to Director, as needed; enthusiastically take on other duties as assigned.
Required skills and experience:
- Strong commitment to Food Shift’s mission and vision.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google office systems (email, document editing, calendar, etc.).
- Salesforce, Excel, and Powerpoint skills a plus. Familiarity with Dropbox a plus.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with shifting and competing priorities and deadlines; flexibility while maintaining workflow is critical.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to multi-task and remain focused in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Demonstrated mathematical proficiency and comfort working with numbers. Experience working or education in finance a plus.
- Proactive work ethic, ability to anticipate needs and take appropriate actions.
- Desire and ability to contribute these crucial and valuable organizational skills as part of a dynamic team.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, sit, walk, twist and turn.
- Ability to use a computer, keyboard, and calculator.
- Drivers license and willing to drive on occasion.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
Earth Island Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.