The Food Recovery Driver will use the Food Shift van to help transport recovered food from San Francisco to The Food Shift Kitchen in Alameda. This role is crucial to our operations and capacity to reduce wasted food, feed communities, and create jobs in our kitchen. The driver will also deliver and set up catering services for clients.
- Title: Food Recovery/Catering Delivery Driver
- Employment status: Temporary, Part Time, Hourly
- Payment: $17/hour
- Start date: Immediate
- Food Recovery: 7:00 am – 11:00 am Mondays and Wednesdays (schedule subject to change)
- Catering Delivery: Scheduled in advance and sporadic. Additional 2-10 hr/week.
- Pick up surplus produce donations, supply donations, occasional purchases, and other food items from Imperfect Produce, SF Produce Market, and other locations as necessary
- Drop off, unload, weigh, and record incoming produce at the Food Shift Kitchen in Alameda
- Deliver outbound food donations to community partners
- Deliver and set up catering services for local clients
- Other kitchen tasks as needed and willing
- Keep an updated timesheet of hours worked, and have the timesheet signed off for approval
- Keep an updated mile log in the van. Log starting and ending mileage for every trip
- Keep any receipts for expenses and submit to Alana for reimbursement.
- There is a fastrak in the van, so the driver should not need to pay for tolls
- Valid California driver’s license
- Clean driving record- DMV report required
- Ability to lift 50 – 60 lb boxes of produce and load them in and out of a vehicle
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and courteous manner with distributors and Food Shift staff and volunteers
- Interest in food recovery and the Food Shift mission
- Experience transporting and setting up catering
- Experience interacting with catering clients
To apply, please send a resume, three professional references, and a copy of your clean driving record to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
Earth Island Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.