Mark your calendars to join this important conversation where local leaders and community members spend a day designing robust, healthful, and sustainable local economy that promotes thriving communities.
Alameda County’s All In to End Hunger Campaign has been working hard to end hunger in Alameda by 2020, and this event will be working to keep the community engaged in solutions to end poverty and hunger and promote healthy, sustainable lifestyles.
The Food Shift team will also be at this event to add our perspective to the dialogue so make sure to join us!
On the Agenda:
• Launch 50 new locally owned businesses
• Enroll 10,000 residents in CalFresh
• Provide food prescriptions for 500 moms and seniors
• Place 200 youth in jobs in the local economy and ensure they receive bank accounts to deposit their paychecks into
• Design a comprehensive food recovery system for the county leveraging smartphone technology
• Advocate to raise the minimum wage, increase SSI cap, and fund early childcare
• Define realistic affordable housing solutions for our most vulnerable county residents
Social Innovators and Change Makers Fair
Laney College at 900 Fallon St., Oakland CA on February 5, 2016 from 8:30 to 5pm
Save the date and sign up here to receive more information and event updates. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.