The Catering Delivery Driver will use the Food Shift van to transport prepared food from The
Food Shift Kitchen in Alameda to various catering events around the Bay. This role is crucial to
our operations and capacity to reduce food waste, feed communities, and make the jobs
created in our kitchen count. This person will be a friendly representation as they interact with
the client on behalf of the Food Shift team.
Title: Catering Delivery Driver
Employment status: Temp/Part-time
Start date: November 19, 2019
Schedule: Lunch drop off on Tuesdays to San Francisco (11am-1pm)
(2019: 11/19, 11/26, 12/3, 12/10)
+ Catering events as they are booked
- Pick up, deliver, and set up catering services for local clients.
- Deliver food while upholding food handling safety standards.
- Assist with necessary unload at the kitchen in addition to other kitchen tasks as needed.
- Complete and submit a timesheet of hours worked. Paycom will be set up with
- The candidate will keep an updated mile log in the van, logging the start and end
mileage for every trip.
- The candidate will track time of arrival and departure and each pickup and drop off site
to find inefficiencies and keep the schedule efficient.
- Keep any receipts for expenses and submit to email@example.com for supervisor approval
- There is a fastrak in the van, so the driver will not need to pay for tolls.
- Keep the van clean and tidy (i.e. cleaning up any spills).
- Valid California driver’s license
- Clean driving record – position is conditional on a DMV background check
- Ability to lift 50-60 lbs and load them in and out of the van
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and courteous manner with clients and Food Shift
- Interest in food recovery and the Food Shift mission
- Experience transporting and setting up catering
- Experience interfacing with catering clients
- Copy of CA license
- Approved background check
- Updated resume
- Two references from previous driving jobs
- Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Catering Delivery Driver
Earth Island Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or
status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.