Food Shift is looking for an energetic, social media savvy, highly organized, and collaborative individual to help us carry out a successful crowdfunding campaign. This person will work closely with Food Shift’s other crowdfunding interns to support the campaign. The campaign will soft launch Oct 16th and we’ll need support until December. Some work can be done remotely and we’d also like to have in-person work sessions at our office in Alameda, with a time commitment of 10-12 hours a week. There is also potential for this position to turn into a regular volunteer position with Food Shift if the volunteer is interested in a longer working relationship.
- Record which prizes need to be sent out physically and which have been sent online
- Track donations in Salesforce (entering donor info into our database)
Outreach and Support
- Create social media posts to promote the launch about the crowdfunding campaign
- Organize a visually appealing crowdfunding page with graphics and images
- Implement social media, outreach, and marketing strategy (create Twitter lists, contact previous donors, and create sample tweets and facebook posts)
- Communicate with supporters on crowdfunding page and through social media
- Provide general support with crowdfunding needs
- Help design and implement wrap-up communications that continue after the campaign ends in December
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills Required:
- Savvy & comfortable with social media, including Twitter and Facebook
- Excellent writer with clear, concise communication free of typos and grammar errors
- Community-oriented and interested in relationship building
- Well-organized and able to communicate regularly with the team
- Knowledge of viral marketing helpful, but not required
- Knowledge of sustainability and Bay Area organizations helpful, but not required
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred, but not required
- There is about 10-12 hours/week of work which can be done remotely or at our office, which is located at 677 West Ranger Avenue, Alameda.
- Working with Food Shift is an opportunity to grow, be creative, wear many hats, and be a part of a fun team working to end food waste and break cycles of social inequality. We hope you’ll join us!
- To apply, please share the following: your resume, a brief statement about why you’d like to work with Food Shift, where you heard about this opportunity, and your time availability. Email email@example.com with the subject line “Fundraising and Outreach Volunteer”.