Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Use Buffer to manage content flow and scheduled release.
- Post or schedule 1-2 posts to Facebook every week day, and have at least 1 post scheduled to drop over the weekend.
- Post or schedule 1-3 Tweets every week day, and have at least 1 Tweet scheduled to drop over each day of the weekend.
- Post or schedule 1 post to Instagram every week day, and have at least 1 post scheduled to drop over the weekend.
- Track metrics for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and provide FS team with a weekly update on how our pages are doing, what seems to be working, and suggestions going forward
- Number of comments
- Engagement rate (tracked on platforms – this is how many people actually click/like/share)
- Peak hours for posting
- Number of followers
- Work with Audrey to develop our social media strategy and add to the Social Media Manual
- Audrey will outline sections for the volunteer to fill in
- Engage with followers on Facebook
- Reply to messages
- Reply to comments and mentions
- Engage with new followers on Twitter – Tweet directly at them, thank them for following us, invite them to sign up for our newsletter
- Create a list of top Food Shift related organizations that we can go to on Twitter or Facebook to repost content or tag in posts
- Track our top followers on Twitter and Facebook (profiles with over 10k followers) and strategize how to engage them
- Investigate other social media pages so see examples of how to engage followers
- Investigate and attend any instructional webinars on best practices around follower engagement
- Consolidate previous lists of top followers as necessary
- Create tracking sheet and share with Audrey
- Build Twitter influencers list
- Identify and attend social media webinars to get ideas for how to optimize our social media engagement
- Take notes during webinar
- Work with Audrey to incorporate lessons into the social media guide
Additional Notes on Content Responsibilities:
- Promote our newsletter regularly during the week
- Promote our blog posts when they are live on our site, and re-post them a few months later (ICYMI, Throwback Thursday?)
- Promote upcoming events and other organization needs
- Familiarity with social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram
- Interest in sustainability and food recovery issues is a plus!
- There is about 8-10 hours/week of work which can be done remotely or at our office, which is located at 677 West Ranger Avenue, Alameda.
- Working with Food Shift is an opportunity to grow, be creative, wear many hats, and be a part of a fun team working to end food waste and break cycles of social inequality. We hope you’ll join us!
- To apply, please share the following: your resume, a brief statement about why you’d like to work with Food Shift, where you heard about this opportunity, and your time availability. Email email@example.com with the subject line “Social Media Volunteer.