Flashback! It’s been a busy year for Food Shift, and you made it possible. Thank you!
- 35,000 lbs of food recovered, processed, and redistributed to partner agencies
- 3,500 hours of paid employment and on the job training for kitchen apprentices
- 2,150 volunteer hours to Food Shift
- $ 32,000 in earned revenue from food production
- 1,300 meals produced for the hungry and homeless on Thanksgiving
- $10,000 worth of in-kind equipment and supply donations
Behind these numbers are countless relationships, invaluable partners, critical lessons learned, and inspirational stories. Food Shift is a community of passionate people working together, pouring love into food and each other to figure out a new model that more effectively reduces waste, feeds the hungry, and creates economic empowerment. Together we are demonstrating the potential of a more efficient food system to educate, enrich, and engage the community.
We are delighted to do this work and it’s only possible with your support. Please consider making a tax deductible donation to Food Shift so we can continue and expand this critical work in the year ahead.