The Admin and Office Volunteer will take on many different tasks to help Food Shift run and thrive. Working with Food Shift is an opportunity to grow, be creative, wear many hats, and be a part of a fun team working to build a movement to end food waste. While this is an unpaid position, Food Shift puts a strong emphasis on skill-building and we are committed to ensuring a productive learning experience. It is a great way to build your resume, gain new skills, and make a difference. We hope you’ll join us!
Time commitment: 10-15 hours per week. We are looking for someone who can commit to a consistent schedule
Location: 677. W Ranger Ave. Alameda, CA 94501. (Some work may be done remotely)
Compensation: Unpaid, but free lunch is provided daily!
- Assist the Administrative Assistant and Operations Manager with tasks as needed
- Communications: managing telephone, email, vendor, and written inquiries
- Data entry and database management (using Salesforce and Google Sheets)
- Managing Google Drive, organizing paperwork and files: scanning, photocopying, printing as needed
- Outreach and promotion of Food Shift through Food Shift’s networks, social media, and external communications
- Support with event planning and execution
- Support with scanning, printing, filing, and mailing as needed
- Support with fundraising and donor engagement
- Support with volunteer coordination and hours management
- Supporting catering/ social enterprise efforts and execution
- Office management and organization
- Support the operations and growth of The Food Shift Kitchen program.
- Enthusiastically take on new tasks and provide support wherever needed
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to wear many hats and work in a fast-paced environment
- Takes initiative and learns by doing
- Respectful to people from all backgrounds and abilities. Interacts in a warm, friendly, and welcoming manner to all.
- Enthusiastic about Food Shift’s mission
- Salesforce experience or desire to have working knowledge of Salesforce, a plus
- Must be 18 years or older
If interested in this volunteer position, email your resume, brief statement of interest, availability, and how you heard about us to firstname.lastname@example.org