As your primary role, the Admin and Operations Volunteer will assist with maintaining an organized and up-to-date database in Salesforce and Google Drive. This is done primarily through (1) sorting the Food Shift firstname.lastname@example.org inbox and (2) working with the Director to maintain bookkeeping and administration processes.
- Organizing the email@example.com inbox means sorting through the inbox daily to sort out the junk mail and forward on any non-junk messages to the relevant staff member, tracking notes, logging donations and new contacts into Salesforce and a variety of other as-needed tasks.
- Maintaining bookkeeping and administration processes involves a variety of tasks on a monthly and as-needed basis including, reimbursements (including mileage reports & mailing checks into our main office), check requests, deposit remittance forms, invoices and posting announcements like job descriptions to message boards and community calendars.
The primary area the Admin and Operations Volunteer will provide assistance in is bookkeeping and financial admin, so someone who is comfortable with numbers and detail-oriented is crucial. Other tasks may arise such as tracking from our Food Shift Kitchen program, and logging contacts, conversations, and donations into Salesforce.
- Organized and attentive to detail.
- Able to keep track of multiple deadlines.
- Proficient in Google Docs and Google Spreadsheets.
- Interested in collaborating with other volunteers and staff members.
- Passionate about our mission.
- Ability to commit 10 hours/week for a minimum of 6 months.
- Confidence and comfort working with numbers.
- Experience with Salesforce a major plus.
We’re looking for a dedicated volunteer who will be able to commit to at least 10 hrs a week. A lot of the work is possible to be done remotely if needed, but we enjoy working with our volunteers in the office where we can get to know each other, chat about the weirdest things we’ve done to avoid wasting food and you can contribute your passion and ideas to our team as they bubble up in real life.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, a brief note about why you’re interested in Food Shift and the Admin Volunteer position, and how you heard about us. Please include “Admin Volunteer” in the subject line.