Food Shift is looking for Food Recovery Drivers to help transport food donations for our Food Shift Kitchen program! We are looking for individuals interested in transporting cosmetically imperfect produce that would otherwise go to waste from San Francisco to our kitchen site in Alameda. The produce is used to create healthy meals that are distributed to food banks and low income communities, while providing job training.
Volunteer, or paid at $15 per hour. All gas and tolls will be paid for.
You may use your own vehicle, or borrow the Food Shift van
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Picking up surplus produce donations and other food items from San Fracisco
- Dropping off food at our Alameda Kitchen site at 677 W Ranger Drive, Alameda.
- Communicating with the Food Shift team about donation items needed and when items have been picked up.
- Communicating with business staff about which food items are available for donation/pick up.
- Helping with other transportation as needed and willing.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills Required:
- Must have valid CA Driver’s License.
- Able to lift up to 50 lb boxes of produce and load them into and out of a vehicle.
- Able to communicate in a friendly and courteous manner with store staff.
- Availability: Monday Mornings, and possibly other days of the week as needed
- Preference for individuals located in San Francisco, or willing to make the commute.
Food Recovery Drivers make a huge impact, and we could not achieve our mission without them. Join our team!
If you are interested in applying, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Food Recovery Driver” and include your phone number, availability, and a brief statement of your interest. We hope to hear from you soon!