Volunteer position description:
Food Shift is looking for a passionate volunteer graphic designer to oversee and carry out design projects, which include both print and screen formats. The Junior Designer will work to apply Food Shift’s existing branding guidelines to overseeing, developing, and executing design projects.
The position will range between design development, managing creative volunteers, general brand management, and production. Creative project involvement ranges from short term, rapid prototyping and quick turnarounds, to long term, big thinking and advanced planning.
Past small projects include website infographics, slides for our website slideshow, one-off posters, event banners, digital marketing imagery and presentation slides. Larger projects include a public transit campaign, conference site imagery, outreach materials, website UX/design and brand videos.
We are looking for a self-starter who takes initiative and wants to co-create the direction of where the Creative Team goes, what we create, and help us in communicating our mission to the community. We are a small team with big ideas and realistic expectations. We welcome enthusiasm, creative thinking and thoughtful execution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design creative materials for Food Shift, including posters, infographics, social media graphics, newsletter visuals, and presentation slides.
- Manage and plan design schedules
- Maintaining a flexible mindset to keep projects moving forward.
- Keeping Food Shift’s brand identity consistent throughout all communications.
- 5-10 hours per week (work can be done remotely).
- Gain understanding of Food Shift’s vision and goals, while developing creative, sustainable methods to communicate our mission.
- Possessing a volunteer mindset. Along with most management positions at Food Shift, this job is unpaid. When paid opportunities arise via Food Shift clients/services, volunteers are compensated with competitive pay.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite. Emphasis on Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- An understanding of the print and digital production process.
- Strong sense of brand design and technical skills.
- Proven ability to create visuals for a variety of audiences, brand, and industries.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and creatively
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines and respond quickly.
- Proven communication skills with internal teams and clients.
Who You Are:
- A passionate, budding creative, with a flexible schedule.
- Desiring more ownership over projects and opportunity to manage a team.
- Looking for your voice and opinion to be heard by a small, intimate team.
- A confident, focused and enthusiastic, multi-tasker.
- Talented and looking to sharpen your skills through experience, instead of the classroom.
- Searching for methods to produce real-world work.
This is a flexible, creative position within a small team of volunteers that works quickly and efficiently. As your enthusiasm grows, so will your position with Food Shift. We look forward to talking with you!
How to Apply:
- Please send a resume, a brief statement of interest, and sample work related to the above requirements to email@example.com