Volunteer Job Description:
Food Shift is currently looking for individuals to help us with Social Media and Outreach. This will involve helping to manage our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our Google adwords. The time commitment is 10 hours/week and is open to East Bay residents who can come in to our office in West Oakland during the week – we are looking to build an Oakland-based team!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Share thoughtful, engaging and relevant content during the week (at least 5 tweets/day and 1-2 Facebook posts a day)
- Actively engage with the community; respond timely and consistently
- Work with our team to utilize Google adwords to its maximum potential; research and develop new strategies for our adwords campaigns
- Target potential advocates for petitions and campaigns
- Monitor trends in social media tools and applications
- Help create a Food Shift social media strategy
- Communicate effectively and consistently with Food Shift team to ensure effectiveness
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills Required:
- Experienced with Twitter and Facebook
- Interest in Food Shift’s work
- Strong writing skills
- Internet savvy
- Excellent at time management
- Creativity and a willingness to experiment
- Google adwords experience preferred but not required. If no experience, a willingness and desire to learn and master the platform
Working with Food Shift is an opportunity to grow, be creative, wear many hats, and be a part of a fun team working to build a movement to end food waste. We hope you’ll join us!
To apply, please email your resume, a brief statement about why you’d like to work with Food Shift, where you heard about this opportunity, and your time availability to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Social Media Team.” Deadline is Sunday, March 20th at 11:59PM.