About Food Shift:
Food Shift works collaboratively with communities, businesses and governments to develop long-term sustainable solutions to reduce food waste. By trimming waste and diverting food loss we can alleviate hunger, create jobs, combat climate change, conserve natural resources, and cultivate more sustainable communities.
On Monday September 2nd Food Shift launches the country’s first public awareness campaign of its kind. The campaign will display 4 different ads throughout San Francisco’s public transit system. The ads present the paradox of food waste and hunger in the United States and invites people to sign the Food Shift “Pledge to Reduce Food Waste.”
We are looking for an individual to help us promote Food Shift’s pledge through various social media platforms throughout the months of September and October.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop contact lists through research and networking
- Proactively interacting with online communities across social media platforms (Facebook/Twitter)
- Research information and news pertinent to social media campaigns
- Research blogs and channels to identify new trends
- Report “chatter” and other relevant online data
- Respond to social media inquiries and coordinate with other departments to either resolve issues or forward requests as appropriate
- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities
- Proactively contact influential targets through email, Facebook and Twitter
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills Required:
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and participants; knowledgeable of latest developments and understanding of how to implement
- Experience using analytical tools to draw insights and create consistent reporting
- Photography/videography and/or editing experience is a plus
- Thorough understanding of social media platforms for brands, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Google, and blogs
- Self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Creativity and a willingness to experiment
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
- Interest in consulting, marketing, and/or media involving social networking
- Must be available 10-15 hours per week
- Current presence on Twitter is a plus
Food Shift is based in Oakland, CA. Work can be done remotely although we’d love to have you join us for lunch during some of our weekly meetings at our Oakland headquarters. Working with us is an opportunity to grow, be creative, wear many hats, and be a part of a fun team working to build a movement to end food waste. We hope you’ll join us!
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Tanya Chang at email@example.com.