This volunteer position will support, help develop, and implement a social media strategy for Food Shift. The role will involve creating content, building community through our online presence, developing brand awareness, and generating inbound traffic. This volunteer will create engaging content and build community support and engagement through our social media platforms, including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and community boards.
This volunteer will respond to incoming inquiries from our social media channels, stay on top of the latest social media trends and food waste news, and proactively experiment with different outreach techniques.
Helpful skills and interests:
Our ideal volunteer would have some or all of the following skills and intersts:
- In-depth knowledge and interest in social media platforms and content creation. Current social media presence is a plus
- Experience with using analytical tools or social media management platforms
- Graphic design and photography/videography
- Creative writing and copy writing
- Marketing and networking
- Enthusiastic and dedicated
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Willing to experiment and grow with us
- Interest in Food Shift’s mission and a passion for telling our story
Food Shift is a startup based in Alameda, CA. Some work can be done remotely, but the volunteer must be able to come into the office at times to take photographs and generate content.
Our ideal volunteer would be able to commit to 4-6 months of volunteering for 5-15 hours per week.
Working with us is an opportunity to grow, build your resume, be an entrepreneur, and wear many hats as part of an innovative and fun team working to build a movement to end food waste. We hope you’ll join us!
If interested, please send your resume and a statement of your interest in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you will join us!