Job Description: The Food Shift Sales Intern will support the sales pipeline and intake process. This role is crucial to our operations and capacity to reduce wasted food, feed communities, and create jobs in our kitchen.
Title: Food Shift Sales Intern
Employment status: Intern/volunteer
Start date: June 1st
Regular Schedule: (10-20 hrs/week): 9:30am – 2:30pm Mondays through Wednesdays
- Build, grow and maintain positive relationships with Food Shift customers – people do business with people they like
- Educate, strategize, and successfully sell environmentally friendly catering solutions to large and small companies over the phone and in person
- Prospect for new customers through a high volume of outbound sales calls to effectively grow your sales pipeline
- Research current and potential customers and understand their business to better educate them on the value of working with Food Shift
- Consistently hit and exceed your daily metrics and monthly sales goals
- Valid California driver’s license.
- 18 years of age or older
- Interest in food recovery and Food Shift’s mission.
- Experience interfacing with catering clients.
- Reliable transportation
- Clear, professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and team player skills.
- Hardworking and enthusiastic personality.
Benefits of the Sales Internship:
- Learn about the Food Recovery, Workforce Reentry and Food Service industries
- Have the opportunity to develop interpersonal communication skills
- Learn sales techniques
- Network with leaders in the industry
- Develop teaching and training skills
- Work on time management and organizational skills
- Opportunity to work in a fast pace environment
- Opportunity for extended internships
- Chance to learn and expand on leadership skills
- Work on public speaking and presentations skills
- Looks great on a resume!
To apply, please send a resume, a short paragraph expressing your interest in this type of position, three professional references, and a copy of your clean driving record to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
Earth Island Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.