Job Description: The Food Shift Sales Volunteer will support the sales pipeline and intake process. This role is crucial to our operations and capacity to reduce wasted food, feed communities, and create jobs in our kitchen.
Title: Food Shift Sales Volunteer
Employment status: Intern/volunteer
Start date: June 1st
Regular Schedule: (10-20 hrs/week): 9:30am – 2:30pm Mondays through Wednesdays – Schedule is flexible and can be remote
- Educate, strategize, and successfully sell environmentally friendly catering solutions to large and small companies over the phone and in person
- Prospect for new customers through a high volume of outbound sales calls to effectively grow your sales pipeline
- Research current and potential customers and understand their business to better educate them on the value of working with Food Shift
- Build, grow and maintain positive relationships with Food Shift customers – people do business with people they like
- 18 years of age or older
- Interest in food recovery and Food Shift’s mission.
- Experience interfacing with clients.
- Reliable transportation
- Clear, professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and team player skills.
- Hardworking and enthusiastic personality.
To apply, please send a resume & a short paragraph expressing your interest in this type of position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
Earth Island Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.